Friday, September 12, 2008


Wade's first day of venture academy was a field trip to the bird refuge in farmington. he loved it!! The next day i asked him what subject he learned. he said i didnt learn anything. i said oh ya what did u do? and he said we played a game, i was a swallow , and there was preditors (falcons and merlins) and i was a pray and they chased us. then we made a chart and i drew a whole group of swallows. so i said hmm sounds like u didnt learn any science at all today lol. Then today he came home and said school was so awsome and that there math class was really cool and go to use bigger numbers than normal lol. i am so glad he is enjoying it. he has made a new friend in the carpool named wyatt..who is also as smart as a whip. now i wonder what im going to do when we move, im going to have to try and put him in another charter school, i mean he is loving every minute of this and i know he wil continue to do so throughout the year!! sad thing is every school should be like this...where ur curriculum is hands on, and your works is based on your lvl. how sad our public school system keeps getting worse instead of better!!

6 comments:

Chelsea said...

Oh Good!! I am so glad he loves his Charter School. I couldn't be happier with ours. Isn't great when they come home so excited about learning??? That is all I hear about. It really makes life so much better. Where are you moving to? Utah County by chance?

Tash said...

Ya we are moving ....to Texas!! lol san antonio to be exact. nothing quick, we just have this feeling(u know the one lol) that thats where we are suppose to be. Ive also had the feeling that i have 2 foster kids waiting there for me...talk about putting me in a rush...but im trying to slow down and take it one step at a time. i know if i do what i need to the rest will be taken care of. and yes im so glad we both found charter schools...i love a kid who thinks school is fun lol

Wog said...

I am glad to hear he is loving the school! You are awesome! Love ya

hi, it's me! melissa c said...

You know, maybe you should stay here so Wade can go to school here. It would be in his best interest after all. he he

But.....I frequently have experiences where I feel strongly to do one thing, then it changes in the middle. Did I just want the first thing so bad that I convinced myself it was inspiration? Maybe. Or maybe it was just a test to see if I would obey.

Who knows? Nothing is written in cement. Fate works it out.

Tash said...

Maybe it was so i would sell my house and pay off all my bills lol...im taking each step slowly so i can make sure im doing what im suppose to. im in no rush(except to get the house sold lol) but ill move at the pace i think on moving, if this school turns out to be good i may not move till i get him into another charter school lol...who knows...and by then maybe ill have convinced u to come with me melisa lol

The Herd Mom said...

Tash, I'm so glad he's liking school. They definitely know how to get the kids engaged and interested in learning. Roseanna's first expedition is "trees," so she and her kindergarten class are learning all about trees with fieldwork to Grammy's Fruit Farm (a couple of weeks ago) and Ogden Nature Center (October). Plus, they walked to the park to have their recess and snack among the trees. Imagine my surprise when Roseanna brought home the necklace she made from a piece of wood and started telling me about the "xylem" and the "cambium" and the "phloem." So we went to arborday.org so Mommy could learn more about the anatomy of a tree. :)