Tuesday, December 30, 2008

YMCA




YMCA...lol yes im not kidding. Lebanon ( a sleepy little town 5 miles from us) boasts the biggest ymca in the world!! with facility a size you wouldn’t believe and so many things to do it takes a calendar to write down all your things, its amazing!!

My cousin michelle told me about the one here. she joined one in her last place and was amazed at all they do. in utah they are not so big..out here they are huge!! so she told me to go take the tour and check it out. so we did, and oh my word..there are not words to describe the place...

so needless to say we joined because i will have alot of time with nate working and living in a trailer does not promote physical activity lol. well let me tell you a little of what this means for each of us:

MOM: m/w- 45 min cardio kickboxing class followed by 45 min walking and weight session, t/th- zumba...ill let u know more about that later, followed by 45 min walking and weight session. f-45 min walking and weight session followed by a soak in the hot tub (located privately in the adult womens locker room!) s- 45 min power ball workout followed by walking and weight session. Lol fun huh

DAD: periodically on way home from work will be stopping to do some weights and stretches, and also soaking long periods in the hot tub ( located privately in the adult men locker room) plus sneaking in anytime with family to do activities.

WADE: m/w kids circut training (weights) followed by free time in the preteen hang out room ( no grown ups allowed but supervised by staff) which includes games, tv, computer, wii, work out equipment and overall cool room lol. possibility of karate or gymastics..hasnt narrowed it down yet lol..thinking soccer too..but who knows well keep ya posted lol

EMMA: 2 hour playtime every day moms working out in the child watch center with cousin ibrahim ( yes this is included in gym price..very awesome). then gymnastics on wed, and more fun time in kids activity room. Plus swim time when in the family aquatics center on family nights

This is just the partial schedule...doesnt include all the extra stuff, rock climbing, racketball..or elective stuff like soccer, swimming lessons, and anything else u can think of doing. im dreaming of guitar lessons, belly dancing lol...arts and crafts for the kids,....its amazing my mind is going so many ways...only missing time lol.

anyway you can see were all excited about this, and hopefully will help keep us doing things as a family as well as keeping us in shape! Go YMCA lol (as emma is singing it in background)

4 comments:

Wog said...

sounds like a great place!!! I miss you soooo much! Sad that you weren't home at christmas time!! Didn't feel the same for the sister picture :(

Chelsea said...

Very cool, very cool! The YMCA in Boardman, Ohio, where we were was very awesome also. I'm glad they have that. I love the comic. How true is that? Thanks for my inspiration today:D

hi, it's me! melissa c said...

Sure wish I could go with you! It sounds just like something I'm looking for!

It's hard to get a good workout at home anymore. I wish I had somewhere fun to go!

Wog said...

u need to take off your xmas music!! :D lol it's a new year!! (I am so happy last year is finally over!) What a crazy year!!! Thanks for being my listener! Love you!! Here is to an AWESOME 2009!!