Thursday, December 18, 2008

our new home




After making it to mason oh. we got wade registered into school ( and what a project, u have to make a appt to fill out paper work lol but thats a whole other story) We found out that nates old neighbors live here and we got in touch with them and had dinner. they also teach a preschool and have kids emma's and wades age. so we have done alot of socializing this week :)

We found our new ward, and have been exploring the area. ohio is beautiful. they keep telling me to wait till spring and fall. but i think its very pretty now. with rolling hills and lots of trees(even without leaves)

we also survived our first ice storm, and school closures lol. lots of firsts....were still trying to figure out the villages/townships and all the other little oddities that are an eastern thing lol.

and of course getting lost...without the mountains u have to actually know where your going hehe.

my cousin michelle came in im soooo excited she is here too. Emma and Brahim play very well and so it should be great. all in all its been a very exciting and fun exprience.

Nate starts work the 28th...which put a damper on things, as he is going NUTS ( and driving me nuts too lol) staying home. but were trying to make the best of it.

thanks all for your prayers and concerns and we wish everyone a happy holidays!! and we miss you all!!

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

Look at all these adventures that you're havin! :) Ohio is beautiful. You'll love it. Promise. Just keep telling yourself that:) You're doing great. I hope that Wade likes school. He's such a trooper. The townships are a little confusing. I hated the toll boothes. They drove me nuts. There is so much church history, look around. I've been thinking of you and glad you updated. I keep meaning to call you, but I keep forgetting to put your # in my phone. I will. Hope you have a great Christmas. Keep on keeping on!

hi, it's me! melissa c said...

I'm so happy for you. Wish I were happy for me! lol Can't wait to come visit. It looks wonderful